Hungry
Physically, mentally or emotionally?
I like to read, I like to write, but I suck being fat and artsy. So yeah, not a
good combination if you ever dream of being a travel journalist with easy going
appetite, and rocking a simple top and shorts with this flabbing thighs right? So,
I’m Iman, 23 years old girl, live and breed in Ipoh, pursuing her degree (working her ass off
trying to keep her head above drowning final year project commitment) and
keeping balance with her personal life, love life, soon-to-be life and of
course family.
This girl, she is hungry for excitement, hungry for adventure, hungry
for adrenaline and hungry for food. She is in constant hunger, that her long
term boyfriend can no longer satisfies her. Not the sex part. They are a team. They
are THE team. They log each other presence, each other silence, each other
passion each other everything. They have each other, and each other is all they
need. Until Iman realized that each other is not enough. Her hunger strikes
upon 9th year of their relationship.
Suddenly Amar (her boyfriend) bail for their date become a spark to a
nuclear war. Ammar lack of interest in her new findings in her study is no
longer cute or good distractions, and Ammar ignorance during she is sick sums
it all. They fight. No, he did not fight. She fight, fight for what she taught
was right, fight for their relationship, fight for their future. She taught he’ll
do something different this time. But after a week, not a single sorry was
offered, Ammar comeback with, “Sayang, you never understand my position, I have
works, my siblings need me. Think whatever you like. I’ll know we find a way
through this somehow, we always do” and all Iman said is….
‘No we wont, because I wont try to fix it this time. And I know you
wont try alone. So be it.’
Iman craving got worst, she doesn’t have anybody else to share her
thought, to share her problem or even to have a meal with. And she keep on wondering
whether she makes the right choice dumping Ammar. So she started a journal. She
write everything inside.
1st January 2015 – Happy New Year Iman. You’re a year older,
must be a year wiser okay. Don’t depends on others. They don’t even like you.
Ammar sent his regards. That boy, never know how to move on. Serve him right! Hahahahah
2nd January 2015- I don’t feel good. Stomach ache since last
night. Should have not mistaken that pain killer for mentos mint. Sigh. Cant even
sit up right, how am I suppose to study? Ammar left me 32 messages and
countless whatsapp messages. What’s up with that boy? Pathetic much?
3rd January 2015- Good luck for your paper sweet heart. You can
do this, even with your throbbing head, your flaming tonsil and your constant vomiting.
Ace this paper bitch! You can do it!!! 42 miscalled from Ammar’s phone. Preparing
your sorry speech I suppose? To what? My voicemail?
4th January 2015- I can’t enter the examination hall. Something
about, not fit to sit for the paper, what the hell is that suppose to mean? My parents
are on the way to fetch me. I’m feeling okay I guess. Besides this few cuts and
bruises on my arm.
7th January 2015- they left me in the hospital. For observation
purposes. I can’t keep track on my phone. What if Ammar has been contacting me.
I know he is sorry. Everyone can read his name on my arm. Its our anniversary after
all. I know he bought me something he always do.
Ammar
That psycho bitch finally left me. I don’t need any young student girl
dragging down my feet with everything
that she can lay her eyes with. I need an independent girl. Not a clingy
girlfriend who always gossip and know things more than me. Finally I’m free.
31st December 2015
11.30pm – that bitch left me. Lets have some fun tonight, 2 round of
shishas on me guys. Come on! Its new year eve.
1st January 2015
12.00am – I’m Sorry sayang. I know
that’s all you wanted to hear from me. Now I’ve said it. But neither one of us
can hear it.
‘KORBAN TAHUN BARU, 3 LELAKI MAUT APABILA MOTOSIKAL DINAIKI MEREKA
BERTEMBUNG DENGAN SEBUAH KERETA DALAM PERJALANAN KE KINTA RIVERFRONT MALAM
TADI. MANGSA YANG BERUMUR DALAM LINGKUNGAN 25-30 TAHUN MATI DI TEMPAT KEJADIAN’
-until now, she is still hungry. Craving for something she couldn’t have,
because someone refuse to give her when they can. And when the times is up,
both of them suffer. The live suffer more because, once you’re dead, there is
no turning back
No comments:
Post a Comment